The government of India has initiated several actions, including some very brave ones like putting the entire country under a ‘whole’ 21-day lockdown, to resist novel coronavirus. Indeed as doctors and scientists throughout the world burn the midnight oil to devise a possible remedy, chalking out an adequate and practical strategy to keep people from being endangered to COVID-19 is the necessity of the hour. While it is recommended to stay in at all times, until the worst is behind us, being conscious of your surroundings and understanding if you’re in the ‘impact’ zone is significant – in case you have to move out. That’s where novel coronavirus tracking apps and websites have evolved into the picture.
The purpose, nonetheless, is to use a person’s smartphone data to trace their position and alarm if they are at peril of being exposed to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). As per the formal description, the app aims to present information about coronavirus and recover information. The app is only open for Android right now. The Corona Kavach and GoK Direct Kerala is accessible for download through the Google Play Store. It follows a user’s location in one-hour intervals and tells if they have come in touch with a person examined positive for COVID-19.
The means it is supposed to operate is easy — first, you fill out a form with six inquiries. It asks if you have any trouble breathing, what your temperature is if you’ve arrived from a foreign country, whether you’re undergoing body pain, if you have a dry cough or irritated throat, and eventually if you’ve seen anyone from a foreign country.
Based on these interrogations, the app classes you into different divisions — from code green all fine, to orange for consulting a doctor, yellow for quarantine, and red for infected. After that, whenever you travel out of the house, you can press a button to initiate the “Kavach”, tracking your actions for an hour. If someone else has the app and has marked themselves as infected or quarantined, and you arrive in the same nearness, the app will give you a warning.
The difficulty is that for this to act, it will want a remarkable amount of participation from the public. The concept is enough people will install this app, and will willingly inform the government about their infected status, and also get to turn it on whenever they go out in public. This doesn’t even take into statement the method being used to recognize when someone infected is in the vicinity — location tracking via GPS might not be precise enough to do this efficiently.
HERE IS THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA’S CORONA KAVACH COVID-19 TRACKING APP DESCRIBED IN A FEW SIMPLE POINTS.
- The Corona Kavach COVID-19 tracking app introduced by the Indian Government has been developed by the National e-Governance Division of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in short known as MHFW. Corona Kavach is distinct from MeitY’s COVID19 Feedback app. While the above has been designed to capture the outbreak, the following collect feedback on any procedure experienced by somebody.
- Corona Kavach is only accessible for Android devices currently. MeitY notes that the app’s “beta version is still undergoing ultimate testing before its official announcement.” You can download the app from the Google Play Store anytime.
- The app explicitly wants two grants, access to your location and files on your device. You can then register by using your mobile number. The app gives a one time password (OTP) to the designated mobile number. More particulars like name, age and all, are nevermore asked which means that you can browse through the app ‘anonymously’ or at least that’s the sort of pattern Corona Kavach would give you.
- The homepage, which is the page you’re welcomed with every time you open the app after some short loading, is fairly easy and bare bones. And it lets you know in advance that you’re allotting beta software – which means that it’s not final and subject to change and probably changes in due course of time. Below that ‘beta’ advisory, you get a list of ‘active COVID-19 cases,’ ‘remedied/discharged cases,’ ‘death cases,’ and interestingly, also the count of ‘passengers screened at the airport’ — this data is only for India. These are additional links to a FAQ and Desk page.
- There is an ‘options’ menu which is also very essential and only two headers here. While one gets you through a breathing practice, the second one, the survey, is the option you signed in for. The questionnaire is what pushes the whole app – in fact, this is what can execute or crush the app.
- As opposed to most apps and websites tracing the novel coronavirus outbreak that uses data fed within an algorithm (which is frequently updated), Corona Kavach gives you that ‘authority’ in your hands. Corona Kavach is not AI-driven, but it’s driven by real people – you and I. It’s a community endeavor. The questionnaire has six questions in all for you to answer as a yes or no.
- MeitY says your location data stays offline on your device (which is perhaps why the app demands access to files on your device) at all times. It is only when you’re mayhap detected that you come online.
- For the unexposed, Corona Kavach offers a one-hour location tracking window to keep an investigation on your surroundings to let you comprehend if and when you come into connection with someone who’s already been infected by the virus. You can choose to conduct this tracking several times as you want.
- It’s still early days for Corona Kavach but the way the whole thing has been designed excellently. For it to make any kind of contrast, it would require aides in you and me to step up and allow others to know of your status. It’s only then that others would be able to avail from it. Some would be fine with sharing that data, some may not.
HERE’S HOW TO USE CORONA KAVACH
- Upon beginning the Corona Kavach app, it shows a screen that says that the app has been formed by MeitY and MHFW.
- You can read within the next few screens, and then the app requests for permissions to track your location, and to access files on your device, (the reason for this permission is not explained to the user), and then subsequently, it asks you to register with a one-time password (OTP) forwarded to your mobile number.
- From the homepage, you can get some essential information about the number of people infected, cured, and the number of deaths. You can also go into the menu, and fill in the inquiry so it knows your situation.
- Clicking the Corona Kavach logo will commence the one-hour countdown, which is how long the app will track your location.
- In case you come into contact with someone else who has set their status to infected, the app is deemed to issue an alert, but otherwise, that’s all you require to understand how to use the app.
We iROID Technologies gain the faith and commitment of our clients by conceding our clients’ needs, interacting with them often and working hard to accomplish their goals. We are all regarding the best digital experience for our clients. iROID Technologies make the most beneficial mobile apps, websites and e-commerce stores in India. To know more about us click here.